Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Career Day



My son had career day at school. He wanted to be a soldier just like his dad. So I went to our nearest PX to get him the kid's army ACU. Wouldn't you know it, they would not have his size. Next plan, find it on line. Hmm, with shipping it would not get here soon enough. Plan C? I remembered that we had some scrub type pants that were the digital camo. I will make a pair of pants. He asked for the cargo pockets on the side too. I took a pair of pants that fit my son to use as a pattern. Snip here, re-sew, add elastic, add pockets and ... new pants for my son in time for career day.

My son did find his digital camo T shirt and thankfully it still fit. He also got to take Daddy's hat. For his picture, he "stood like a soldier." - ATTENTION!


1 comment: