Friday, July 15, 2011

Outdoor or Indoor Activites

Catch

This mommy loves to play softball. I wanted to work, I mean, practice our hand/eye coordination so I wanted something to play ball. A regular ball glove would not work as my 4 year old broke her wrist and can not put the glove over her cast. So, I used an emptied out milk jug to make a 'glove' to play catch. All I did was cut the bottom of the jug off using scissors. Both of my 6 yr old and 4 yr old love trying to catch with this milk jug because the handle is easy to hold.
We also used a flat Frisbee and try to roll the ball onto this frisbee. Similar to the game Bocce, but using frisbee to make it easier to see for the kids.

These games can be played outside or inside using a nerf type ball.

I am linking to Make in by Monday for the Monday Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I am going to have to save some milk jugs. Sorry about your little girls wrist, though. She looks like she is handling it well. Thanks so much for linking up and adding my button. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our milk didn't come in bags! This would be great for helping my boys learn to catch better.

    Visiting from Make it by Monday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! Thank you so much for linking up with Make it by Monday!!! I'll be featuring you on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete