Friday, August 12, 2011

Dress Change Up



I found this dress in the back of my closet. It was one of my favorite dresses when I was a teacher before kids. I love the material. I was not in love with the length anymore. So, what does one do with scissors and a sewing machine? That is right! I put it on to decide how short I wanted it - just above the knee please - and cut. I then re-hemmed it. I also wanted it to be a little more fitted so I added elastic a princess waist. The best part is...no money spent for a new look!
The cut off material I used to make a little skirt for my 1 yr old daughter.


and

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love how you made a totally new dress out of something you already had in your closet. Such a frugal idea. I bet your daughter likes having a skirt to match you. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete