Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mission: Turn Basement into More Usable Space


Again, with the temperature outside in the 100s, we have been playing in our basement a lot.  I am tired of walking through the stuff.  I decided to again work on cleaning out the basement and turn it into a room for our homeschool.  (I did some things last year found here and here.)


Where to start?  Let's play what is in boxes?  I came across one box with 2 different labels...

What is really in it?  I knew that it wasn't anything corrosive or liquid, but it could be really light and easy to move if it had empty binders and folders....  Wrong again!

It was really filled with heavy hardback books.


Ever notice when you clean, you actually make a bigger mess to start?  
Notice all the stuff behind the kids...


Even the dog comes to hang out with us and to watch us play.   Really the dog is just another obstacle for me to work around when moving/sorting boxes.  


 I did most of the work when I had just my youngest little helper. 

My two older children went to Nana's house for a few days. Let's see what I can get done while they are gone.  Better yet, let's see what I can move out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment