Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mug Banana Bread

So one day, when I had nothing to do....yeah, right.  Truth...my youngest daughter wanted to watch Elmo on the computer.  So while she watched Elmo, I browsed through recipes to try on Pinterest.  ( you may find me here on Pinterest.) Not just any recipe,  I needed easy gluten free recipes.  (Gluten free?  Yes, I'll share the story another day, when I am bored, I mean, when I have a moment.)  I have had a few fails with some recipes, but I am not afraid to try.

I came across this Mug Banana Bread and thought it would be easy to substitute gluten free flour.   I also liked that it only used half of a banana.  I don't know about you, but in this house, all of the bananas get eaten except for the last one.  One!  What do I do with one banana besides make a smoothie or freeze it for later (which of course means it is forgotten about)?  I have the answer.  Try this recipe that I found here that links to Vittles and Bits .

Sorry, I forgot to get a picture of the bread in the mug...I guess that means I'll need to make it again.
















Mug Banana Bread

3 T + 1 tsp all purpose gluten free flour
2 tsp sugar (or 1 packet stevia or sweetener of your choice equivalent to 2t sugar)
2 T brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 baking soda
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lowfat milk
half a banana, mashed
cinnamon, for sprinkling (optional)

In a large microwaveable mug lightly misted with non-stick spray, blend flour, sugars, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.  Add egg and mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.  Stir in vanilla, oil, and milk, then mashed banana.  Microwave 1 1/2 to 3 minutes depending on your microwave.  (Mine took 2 1/2 minutes)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment