Monday, February 4, 2013

Skylanders Cake

My son is 8!  How is that possible?  8!

He knew what he wanted for his cake.  Skylanders.  I decided to make a Skylander portal and then use his favorite character on the cake.

This was actually my second attempt at the cake.  The first one fell apart...let me explain.  I usually make and decorate the cake a day or two before the party day.  I have not had a problem with cakes falling apart before.  But, this cake was different.  This cake needed to be gluten free so my youngest could eat cake at her brother's birthday party.  I have learned that I can not make a gluten free cake 2 or 3 days before a party.  Thankfully, his party was in the afternoon so I could bake and decorate the cake over again.

This cake was gluten free.  I used the Bob's Red Mill White Cake Mix and a glass bottle of Faygo.  It was iced with butter-cream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment