Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crayon Holder

Both of my girls love to color.  They often carry their crayons in a box or a bag.  However, the crayons were always rolling off the tables or getting lost.  I decided to make a crayon roll.  The top of this crayon roll folds down over the crayons and then rolls up.  On the outside, I have a piece of ribbon that my daughter can use to tie the roll closed.  My oldest daughter loves this as she can take this in the car and her crayons will not roll away.

To make this I used a piece of felt, fabric, and ribbon.  The great thing about making this myself is that I can make it the size that is needed.  I lined up my daughter's favorite crayons (the Twister type crayons) and cut my fabric to fit.

Now my girls have informed me they need a bag to carry their color books and crayon roll in...off I go to sew so more.

No comments:

Post a Comment