Saturday, February 16, 2013

Travel Items

I wanted to make some travel items for our kids for Christmas.

I ran out of time.

So, instead I made these travel items for their birthdays.  My son already opened his present.  My almost 6yr old daughter saw my son's pillow and wants her own.  She will be so excited to see her own flower pillow and toothbrush holder.

So, seat belt pillows and toothbrush holders -  Easy gifts that are needed because we are going on a cruise to celebrate our FREEDOM!  We have paid off our final debt (does not include the house).   We will be traveling with our children, so I decided to make the kids seat belt pillows and toothbrush holders.  These will also be used for our trips to my parent's house or other overnight trips.

Want to make your own?  I'm sure there are plenty of ideas on Pinterest.  For the pillow, I made a small rectangle of leftover fabric and added straps (and velcro).   Adding straps allows me to tie the pillow to my youngest's seat so she can not drop it.  Would you like a tutorial?  Here is one for a simple pillow from my friend Jackie at Blessings Overflowing.

For the the toothbrush/toothpaste holder, I used a hand towel, leftover fabric, and a piece of elastic.  Here is a simple travel toothbrush holder tutorial from my friend Jackie at Blessings Overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment