Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gluten Free Strawberry Pie


One of my favorite things is Strawberry Pie.

I have always made my pie using my Mom's recipes for the pie crust and the strawberry jell.  Delish!

This year due to going gluten free for my girls, I switched out the flour for gluten free flour.  So this pie crust recipe will work with either gluten free flour or regular flour.

I came accross a recipe for Fresh and Super Simple Strawberry Pie Filling (only 3 indredients) and decided to try it instead of making the jell.  The results were wonderful!  A certain uncle made sure he had a second piece before the end of the day.  :)  He knew it was gluten free, but he said he could not tell.

The recipe for my pie crust is below.


1 stick softened Oleo (butter)
1 (3 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (generic works just as well)
1 cup flour (gluten free if needed.  I use an all purpose gluten free flour.)
+ extra flour for rolling

Mix the 3 ingredients together in bowl.  Roll the dough out and then place it in your pie pan.  Bake pie shell at 400 degrees F for 10-12 mins.

The recipe for the Pie Filling I mentioned above can be found  here.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment