Friday, October 21, 2011

Power Tools - Fun to use

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Plans were being made to give her bedroom a makeover. The one in charge of the makeover wanted to add a headboard to the existing bed. I found a country style king size headboard at an estate sale. Then we find out they have a queen size bed. Hmm...We were determined to turn it into something that matched her other furniture. After phone call (and a little miss cut), we were informed that this light wood, country style was not something our friend liked. So, we decided to go see if we could find or make something else.

We ended up at Lowe's. We found this pine board and added the trim and stars. We used a dark stain to match the other furniture.


What is going to happen to the king size headboard we started with? I'm working on turning it into a big girl bed for my youngest...stay tuned...


Linked to - www.blessingsoverflowing.com/fix-it-up-friday-guidelines

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I have not ventured into the world of power tools. My husband likes them too much to let me use them. :) Way to go. Also, I think it is wonderful what you did for your friend.

    ReplyDelete