Saturday, December 10, 2011

Addition Facts Wraps

My son is working on learning his addition facts.
We needed other ways to practice our 7s and 8s. He was getting frustrated. I thought about going out to buy something, but decided I could make something instead. Okay, what do I have on hand? Cardboard. I took the easy route and used the flaps off a diaper box. I thought about painting them or covering them in paper....Nah, to much work. I just used the brown side. At the top is the number we are adding to the numbers on the side. The answers are down the other side. I hot glued a string to the back and cut slits in the cardboard by each number. On the back I have drawn lines to make this self checking. (Shh...Don't tell him that yet).
He has been enjoying these so I may make subtraction ones also so he can practice subtracting. I may also make match capital and lower case letters for my 4 yr old. Oh, I could do rhyming words for my 4yr old also....oh, the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment