Monday, December 19, 2011

Fabric Covered Box


This weekend I put a box shelf in my youngest daughter's room.  I bought the shelf at Target but I did not purchase the fabric box to fit.  I wanted the fabric to be removable so I could wash it when needed.  The box is a waffle box with the top flaps removed.  My friend, Jackie, made a fabric covered milk crate using this tutorial.  In this tutorial, it gives directions on how to customize the cover to fit other sizes of boxes.  With three sick children, I decided I did not have the time to do all the measuring so I place the box on the fabric and cut around the box.  I sewed a few seems, added a square for the bottom, added pink for the handle, and finished.  I have a feeling that I will be making a few more of these for all of our new Christmas things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment