Friday, December 9, 2011

Easy Delicious Chicken Enchiladas

I found this easy chicken enchiladas recipe on Pinterest. It was delicious! I had to stop myself from eating all of it. I mean I either had to save some for my husband or make him something else. Right? This will be a meal that we have again and again. Enjoy!


Chicken enchiladas (sour cream sauce)

10 soft taco shells

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

3 Tbsp butter

3 Tbsp flour

2 cups chicken broth

1 cup sour cream

1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 3 pan

Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan

In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until think and bubbly

Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.

Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese

Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese

2 comments: