Monday, November 28, 2011

Bench and Shoe Storage


With trying to finish up the new room for my youngest and the Holidays, I did not get this posted.

Here is another power tool project. We took the top hutch thing off of our computer desk. My hubby was going to cut it up and throw it away, but then he left for some military school and it did not end up in the trash.
So, my plan was to re-purpose it into a shoe bench...You know, a bench where you can sit and put on/take off shoes. It would also store these shoes. I used a rubber mallet to take off the back. Then I pulled out the circular saw. I cut the sides to make it shorter. I added a piece of wood to the bottom.

While working on these I changed my mind and thought I would like it better as a toy bin in my youngest daughter's new room. It ended up being a little long for her room so, back to the shoe bench.

A little primer, some paint and...
Now, I need to cover some boxes to store the shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment