Friday, November 4, 2011

Book Shelf on Dresser


We recently added a bedroom to our house for our youngest. She is so happy to have her own night-night. Her bedroom is a little smaller than the other kids' bedrooms, so I need to be a little creative with her furniture. I did not want to put a book case in the room to take up space. I pinned this idea and decided I could make something similar.

I found some small wooden boxes at Joann Fabrics to use. I dug out the circular saw to cut them in half. Then I painted them with White Krylon Primer and Paint. To attach each half to the dresser I used Liquid Nail. I am planning on adding some to the other side of the dresser also.

My youngest was so excited to have her books in her room. She immediately went and pulled all her books off the shelves looking for her Dora and Elmo book.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! What a great way to gain a bookshelf without adding a new piece of furniture. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kids pull all of the books off the shelves. :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, what a great idea!!! My boys have bunk beds that we just took apart so the ends have the slats for the ladder.... this would be perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete